As a System Architect in CyberArk, you will be responsible for several of our products and upkeep the quality of these products by making sure that our systems are robust, simple, efficient and extensible. In addition, you will ensure that these products’ architecture is capable of rapidly evolving to support functional and scalability goals.
In order to guarantee the high quality of these products, you will perform architectural activities at the highest standard and on time. You will also build, lead and develop new architects, and mentor them until they reach a high level and can work independently.
- Produce architecture plans and design guidelines for CyberArk’s infrastructure and product family, focusing on the complex and high impact features and systems under your responsibility. Meet the NFRs (non-functional requirements) and systems evolutionary roadmap, and identify, neutralize and mitigate risks.
- Lead the architecture process to successful implementation
- Actively refine, distil and challenge product architecture to fit system development evolution. Recommend new technologies when needed.
- Manage and advocate to reduce technical debt
- Work closely with Product Managers and other system architects to align, consult and adjust the architecture.
- Work closely with the architecture lead.
- Coach, escort, and mentor other architects, Train new architects
- Participate in the System Architects forum to build, improve and enhance CyberArk architects.
- BA in Computer Science (+12 years of experience) or MAMRAM graduate (+6 years of experience in commercial company). Out of them, at least 3 years as software architect
- Advantage: experience as system-architect
- Significant experience with the following: c++, .NET
- Excellent design and analytical skills
- Skilful in identifying connections between different parts and components, and understanding the implications
- Excellent ability to use new technologies and understand them in depth through rapid self-learning
- Leader by nature, with the ability to motivate people and influence them.
- A thorough and methodical approach to any task, Ability to plan, conduct, prioritize, track and measure processes.
- Decision making skills: Make sound decisions, taking into account both architectural and business considerations, at times with incomplete information
- Proactive by nature; internal drive for excellence and improvement; independent
- Excellent ability to communicate with colleagues.
- Excellent ability to coach others.
- Open minded, original thinker and creative
Full time position
Knowledge in the following areas:
- Design and architectural patterns
- Deep knowledge and experience in one of the following domains:
- Backend server programming (multithreaded programming, performance tuning)
- Web applications development
- Experience in conducting the architecture of at least 2 large products from scratch
- Fluent in English, good writing skills
- Good sketching and modelling skills
- Experience with Agile processes:
- Development process – working in short development iterations, delivering shippable products in each iteration, breaking a large feature to small user stories, and advancing step by step with short feedback loops.
- “Agile Architecture” mode – adaptable and open architecture, delivered step by step, and corrected along the way.
- Enterprise systems and solutions – challenges, known architectures and solutions
- Basic understanding of enterprise architecture, and IT flows Experience in scaled projects – re-architecting a product to support large-scale environments.
- Experience with designing and building Software-as-a-Service systems.
- Familiarity with distributed applications architectures
- Security principles and techniques (encryption, authentication protocols)