Forrester Research predicts that the cloud security market will continue to explode—growing from $1.5 billion in 2017 to $3.5 billion by 2021; as software, infrastructure, and platforms shift to the cloud, ensuring their security is critical.1 This transition, coupled with the rise in DevOps adoption, fuels the demand for techniques and tools that can effectively secure these highly dynamic environments—without hindering velocity.
According to The CyberArk Advanced Threat Landscape 2018 annual report, 73% of security respondents indicated their organization has not implemented a privileged account security solution for DevOps. This is concerning gap when you consider that the increasing volume of ‘secrets’ – privileged account credentials, SSH Keys, API keys and more –throughout the IT infrastructure.
In a recent webinar, CyberArk’s Chris Smith asked guest speaker Andras Cser, vice president and principal analyst at Forrester Research, about the security imperatives for these cloud-based workloads and DevOps environments. I invite you to tune into this on-demand webinar to explore Andras perspectives on:
- Critical cloud and DevOps-related vulnerabilities and the importance of secrets management
- Best practices for managing IaaS platforms and credentials
- The need for—and value of—a single point of control for hybrid cloud and DevOps environments
- Actionable steps for deploying Privileged Identity Management for containers and DevOps
Watch the webinar on demand.
For more information on securing your organization’s cloud and DevOps environments, check out these other free resources from the CyberArk Resource Center:
- Report: Understanding and Selecting a Secrets Management Platform
- Video: Common Security Vulnerabilities in Cloud Workloads
- Infographic: Unaware & Unprepared: DevOps Secrets at Risk
(1) Forrester Research: The Cloud Security Market Grows From $1.5 Billion In 2017 To $3.5 Billion In 2021 by Andras Cser and Jennifer Adams, July 6, 2017