NEWTON, Mass. — November 2, 2010 — Cyber-Ark® Software, the leading global software provider for protecting critical applications, identities and information, today announced Secure Email Manager, a new file transfer product available now in version 6 of its Governed File Transfer Suite. The easy-to-use Secure Email Manager fosters adoption of more efficient file transfer processes by empowering employees to safely share and track files, regardless of size, within their native email environments. It helps avoid clogging in Exchange servers by offloading large file transfers and enables security and IT departments to decrease overhead and improve compliance with corporate security policies and industry regulations.
Secure Email Manager integrates directly with Microsoft Outlook and doesn’t require administrative rights, which makes it simple to deploy and negates the need for lengthy training sessions. For ad-hoc and one time secure file transfers, users simply compose an email, click on the “Secure Attach” button, select the file(s) they want to share and hit the “Send” button.
Cyber-Ark’s Secure Email Manager seamlessly strips, encrypts, compresses and transfers attachments via the Inter-Business Vault®, enabling emails to be exchanged securely between employees and recipients. The original email attachment is replaced with a link that directs recipients, regardless of email program, to a simple and secure web download portal that can be fully branded. Senders can track activity associated with their data directly from their email client, and all policies and permissions are handled transparently behind the scenes, making them completely seamless to users.
“Cyber-Ark’s innovative governed file transfer capabilities provide organizations with an enterprise-ready solution to securely and compliantly transfer attachments through email to recipients, without delaying business processes,” said Roy Adar, vice president of product management, Cyber-Ark Software. “With new enhancements to our Governed File Transfer Suite, business users now have the autonomy to transfer emails without size limitations through an easy-to-use and automated infrastructure, decreasing their dependency on IT departments. Let’s face it: employees who need to share information with third parties as part of their daily work will find a way to send documents. We make it secure.”
Increase Business Autonomy, Reduce IT Overhead and Improve Compliance
Cyber-Ark’s Secure Email Manager integrates with data loss prevention (DLP) systems and web-based file retrieval for any type of recipient and provides automatic notification upon file download. Users can also reduce business risk related to sensitive data loss or exposure. Additional features that demonstrate why the Secure Email Manager is the best choice for ad-hoc, secure file transfer include:
- Improved Compliance: All transfers comply with common regulations and guidelines such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA and the Gramm-Leach Bliley Act; security departments can also implement full, tamper-proof audit trails for files
- Enterprise Ready: Supports full Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and DLP integration as well as Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP), high availability and secure authentication requirements
- Encryption Key Management: Built-in, automated encryption key management eliminates manual processes
- Improved Mail Server Performance: Attachments are offloaded from Exchange servers to create greater availability
- Business Autonomy: Employees can manage file transfers internally and with external partners with minimal IT involvement
- Security: Secure, tamper-proof vault for storing and transferring files means that the content is separated from the operations eliminating the ability of IT administrators to view files sent by the business users
Secure Email Manager is part of Cyber-Ark’s Governed File Transfer Suite, a one-stop-shop for all file transfer needs. It is the only solution that isolates sensitive data sent over the internet, enabling organizations to securely and efficiently exchange sensitive information with their business partners, customers, suppliers and subcontractors using ad-hoc, manual or automated file transfer through a single platform.