This IDC Market Spotlight: Minimizing Cybersecurity Risk with Vigilant SSH Key Management highlights the challenges and risks associated with a lax approach to SSH key management and offers guidance on how organizations can mitigate this risk and improve their security postures.
In this report, IDC acknowledges that “the privileged and often full root access provided by an SSH key demands organizational oversight, control and accountability.” By using SSH key management technology to take control of privileged SSH keys, organizations can effectively:
- Locate and identify SSH keys in the environment
- Detect unexpected SSH key-based connections
- Secure SSH keys to prevent unauthorized access
- Automate SSH key rotation to improve security
- Audit the use of SSH keys to improve compliance