Monitor and record privileged user activity
Administrative users require privileged account access in their day-to-day roles to maintain systems, perform upgrades and troubleshoot issues. However, these users can also misuse their privileges to gain unauthorized access to sensitive information or cause damage to the IT environment. To deter the misuse of privileges by authorized users, as well as detect malicious activity that could indicate a compromised account, organizations should proactively record and monitor all privileged session activity.
CyberArk enables organizations to record and monitor user activity during privileged sessions, helping security teams both deter and detect the unauthorized use of privileged accounts. Real-time privilege session monitoring enables security teams to detect suspicious activity as soon as it occurs and remotely terminate the session to minimize any potential damage. Further, searchable audit logs and session recordings are stored in a tamper-proof vault to prevent privileged users from editing or deleting their history. Security and audit teams can easily review these recordings and audit logs to locate the exact moment an event occurred and gain a clear understanding of the scope and severity of an incident.
CyberArk’s session monitoring and recording capabilities are fully integrated into the CyberArk Privileged Account Security Solution, enabling organizations to implement an end-to-end solution that includes proactive protection, comprehensive monitoring, and rapid threat detection all from a single common infrastructure managed behind a single pane of glass.
- Increased oversight of privileged session activity deters authorized users from misusing privileges
- Real-time session monitoring enables security teams to detect and terminate suspicious activity as it occurs
- Searchable audit logs and session recordings enable security and audit teams to quickly locate specific incidents to understand exactly what happened, when it happened and who did it
- Tamper-proof storage of audit logs and session recordings prevents skilled users from editing their activity histories
- Jump server architecture enables comprehensive session monitoring and recording without the use of agents while simultaneously isolating target systems from potentially infected end user machines
- Enterprise-class scalability, reliability and integration ensures that session monitoring and recording capabilities can meet the needs of customers with even the largest, most diverse and most complex IT environments