Proactively secure against, spot and stop attacks before they stop business
Managing Your Privileged Account Risk
Risk comes from all sides. Determined, malicious “outsiders.” Careless or disgruntled “insiders.” Either one can wreak havoc on the heart of your business. Unmanaged privileged credentials and accounts are the common vulnerability in both cases.
Privileged accounts, including shared admin accounts like ‘root’ and ‘admin,’ service accounts and application identities can be “all powerful.” Privileged users can perform just about any function, and then erase their tracks when they’re done.
If you have taken all the right steps to block system vulnerabilities and protect critical data, the only way for an attacker to gain access is through a privileged account.
To manage this risk, prevent the improper use of privileged accounts and protect your organization’s high value assets, organizations need to:
- Identify and understand the scope of their privileged account risk
- Proactively protect and monitor access to privileged account credentials
- Automate privileged account controls
- Isolate critical assets from malware
- Control privileged access to the critical assets
- Monitor all privileged account activity at the command levels
- Alert the security operations team to suspicious privileged activity in real-time
CyberArk offers a number of Security and Risk Management solutions: