Champions of Health and Cybersecurity Unite at HIMSS 2019
February 12, 2019 | Events | Lex Register
Today is the first full day of HIMSS 2019 – the world’s largest health information and technology conference – and we’ve just arrived in sunny Orlando, Florida, joining more than 45,000 healthcare professionals from across 90+ countries. This year, HIMSS is emphasizing cyber security and privacy – and we’re here to help.
Healthcare providers on the frontlines are rapidly turning to new models of care to offer advanced patient services and improve clinical outcomes. This year’s conference will explore a range of topics and technologies driving this evolution such as clinical informatics, digital health, interoperability, technology consumerization and personalized healthcare. Yet, as healthcare delivery networks expand in size and sophistication, they are also generating huge amounts of sensitive patient data or electronic personal health information (ePHI) – a key target for cyber attackers.
According to the 2018 End-of-Year Data Breach Report from the Identity Theft Resource Center, the healthcare sector had the second largest number of breaches last year, exposing nearly 10 million patient records (double the number from 2017). Additionally, the report found that healthcare databases had the highest rate of exposure per breach. Furthermore, according to Larry Ponemon, founder of the Ponemon Institute, a single stolen medical record is estimated to be worth
Protect Your Modern Healthcare Investments with CyberArk
Today’s healthcare providers require strong privileged access security to secure access to ePHI within expanding, interoperable care delivery networks, while protecting against persistent threats such as ransomware.
At HIMSS, we’ll demonstrate how the industry-leading CyberArk Privileged Access Security Solution supports your ability to protect ePHI, enable your IT team, simplify compliance and protect your investments – while easily accommodating innovation and expansion to safeguard your position as a leading provider of quality care. We invite you to connect with us at the show by:
- Visiting CyberArk at the HIMSS Cybersecurity Command Center Booth #400 Kiosk #88. Engage in interactive, hands-on demos and discussions to enhance your knowledge on today’s hottest cyber security issues. Come see why seven of the top 10 hospital systems in the U.S. rely on CyberArk to mitigate the risks of privileged access and help them adopt transformative technologies with confidence.
- Attending our presentation, “On the Front Lines of Managing Privileged Access.” Join us on February 12 at 4:45 p.m. in Cybersecurity Command Center Theater 2 to explore common attack methods for accessing coveted healthcare data and how strong privileged access security (or the lack thereof) can make or break a healthcare organization’s ability to demonstrate regulatory compliance and avoid financial penalties. We’ll also outline a proven, risk-prioritized approach for establishing essential privileged access controls to help quickly strengthen your security posture.
Interested in learning more? Check out these free resources to help jump-start your privileged access security program.
- Solutions Brief: Privileged Access Security Protects Innovative Healthcare
- eBook: Healthcare Cyber Trends: Is Your Organization Ahead of the Curve?
- Infographic: Cyber Attackers Find a Viable Pulse in Healthcare